The ECOLNET project and the European Ecotourism Network (EEN) would like to invite you to attend the e-seminar on 24th April, 10am-1pm CET to discuss the online tools and learning packages that have been developed and piloted within the framework of this project, to assess compliance with the criteria of the European Ecotourism Labelling Standard (EETLS).
Specifically, the project partners, the ecotourism businesses and the certification agencies that participated in the piloting of the e-tools will discuss the concept behind the development of the tools, their feasibility and evaluation; and will comment on the effectiveness of the learning packages. A report of the pilot testing across the participating countries will also be presented, including suggestions for the improvement of the e-tools and the learning packages.
If you are interested in participating, please become a member of our online community and visit our Facebook page, and you will receive information regarding the electronic platform that the seminar will be conducted on.
If you are an ecotourism business or a certification agency and would like to maximise your benefits from the e-seminar, you could complete the self-assessment tool. In order to access the self-assessment tool, please contact Luca Rioli at email@example.com to receive the relevant link, your username and password.
A few important notes:
- The e-seminar will be conducted in English
- The seminar will take place at the New Business Horizons’ (NBH) Conference centre: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blue%20Horizon/116/112/41
Technical details on Second Life and the Conference:
- First, you need to download the Second Life viewer from the Second Life site. To ensure that Second Life can be run in your computers follow the link below. It describes the minimum computer requirements (for Windows, Mac and Linux) to run Second Life: http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/?lang=en-US
- After downloading the Second Life viewer you will need to prepare your avatar. We strongly recommend time is spent on Second Life so as to get as familiar as possible with the new virtual environment. We have arranged a training session for all the attendees. It will take place on Thursday, April 4, at 15:00 C.E.T, at NBH’s training area: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blue%20Horizon/27/227/32. At the training area, one NBH technician will be present to give you support and answer questions for 2 hours. His avatar will have an NBH T-shirt on. You are welcome to ask him anything that will help you attend the conference easily and with self-confidence (for example how to sit, speak, acquire gestures etc). Any participants that cannot make the support time can still follow the training steps at any time before the conference.
- It is very important for all of you to have your USB headsets plugged in for both the training session and the conference and also, to have your windows’ (or mac / linux) settings checked (microphone and speakers’ volume).
THE ECOLNET TEAM
Add a Comment